momtofour- thanks for the advice on what stands out the most to you. I will concentrate on reviewing what other schools offer because I think our kids are getting short-changed. We live in an area that was previously rural- but is now more suburban. My dd's class is the first to have a considerable number of gifted kids. It seems that the high school has not yet caught up with the demographics and is not serving this population of the school very well.
Of note is that I had to advocate for changes to the math program because other districts offered Algebra in 7th grade and Geometry in 8th grade to more highly gifted students. I started advocating for this when she was in 2nd grade and we got it just in time for her to take advantage of it. She is now taking geometry in 8th grade and has absolutely no difficulty mastering the subject matter at this age. When I first requested the district offer this, I was told that they did not offer it because basically the kids in our district were not as capable in math/ science as those in other districts. This idea was proved false once they offered the courses and the now have 3 geometry classes offered to 8th graders out of a graduating class of approx. 850 kids.