I would travel the least inconvienient tester who really really gets 2E kids. Gosh, you might even get help with how to best help him with the dysgraphia/dylexia! (Sarcasm, sorry, it frustrates me how the testers are usually so seperate from the fixers)

I'd also consider a few month subscription to something like -
https://www.lumosity.com/
I have no idea if it's effective in general, or effective for gifted kids, but I've seen my giftie do amazing catch-ups in areas when he happened to be in a 'high opportunity to practice' environment. Like 'depth-perception.' Not something that I would have thought practice improved much.

I looked around Amazon for a book on improving Working Memory and found this:
Working Memory: Improving Your Memory for the Workplace (Alternatives) [Paperback]
Billy Roberts

Now it seems that in my use of the word, this book is about getting information OUT of working memory quickly and into long term storage, not really about improving working memory itself, but learning to you one's strengths (reasonable processing speed, practicing techniques) to overcome one's weaknesses is always a good idea, right? I can remember being in high school with an English teacher I appreciated and being able to 'dial my attention' to a setting where her words went almost directly into long term memory storage, bypassing my personal bottleneck of 'average' working memory. Maybe I was 'hyperfocusing' who knows, but I found that I didn't have to work at studying if I 'paid attention' during class.

good luck
grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com