Some of you might remember my posts from last fall about trying to get math enrichment for my DS8. His teacher insisted that the in class enrichment was enough. I talked with the GT teacher and felt like while she was supportive, there wasn't much she could do because the enrichment was supposed to be within the classroom. Therefore, she could advise the teachers, offer resources and that's it. So I had kind of resigned myself to the fact that they weren't going to do anything else and I focused on doing things with him outside of school.

Well, starting last week, DS brings home a packet that says he went to Mrs. (GT teacher)'s class for math and here is what we worked on. Turns out, she had continued to work on the issue and finally was able to work out a once a week math pullout for the top math students in his grade. I talked with her at Open House tonight and she said she will be working ahead on some things (they are doing third grade lessons) as well as doing some more critical thinking/reasoning problems.

So while I had thought nothing else had been done, she was putting together this program in response to my requests. (Perhaps others were asking too, I don't know). I am so happy to get a response from someone finally! smile