Seriously, just be honest here. This is a child I am homeschooling. I am trying to discern whether I should invest time, effort, and expense into getting testing and looking into resources like Davidson, or whether I should just let her slide along at her speed.

This is 6 yr old girl, who I say is in "1st grade", but she is not doing ANY first grade work. And let me be clear I am far from an overachieving homeschooling parent. We have an older one, too.

Reading: She exhibited no signs of super early reading in preschool beyond letters and basic sounds, but when I started teaching her in Kindergarten last year, she picked it up and was reading fluently within a few weeks, and with almost unlimited capacity within a few months. She is now reading books advertised for kids in the 8-12 range, though, there are limits as to what she will read based on content and interest. (Likes things like The Guardians of Ga'Hoole and Rick Riordan's books.)

Math: I have her on a 3rd grade curriculum right now, and she is just blazing through it pretty effortlessly, but then every so often she has a fit, says something is hard, so I hesitate to push her further - yet she usually overcomes the fit and can perform the math flawlessly with even a few seconds of explanation.

Here is an example of "challenge problems" I gave her that are beyond the scope of her curriculum, with only concepts explained very casually and verbally (in response to questions in the car, for example)

[Linked Image from a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net]

Writing example. Sometimes I think she is capable of more, but she gets grumpy if I try to push anything more, and I feel I shouldn't because she's only 6? (This example, she listened to me read something orally, and then answered all these questions with no input or spelling assistance.)

[Linked Image from a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net]

Benefit from some kind of eval, or is this just the work of a bright 6 yr old and I should let it go?