Originally Posted by thx1138
...we had her tested and she maxed out the WJ (-III?) test.
...He is like "IQ doesn't matter". And "Kids just have to do what I put in front of them. If they do that, they get the next task." ...
Did she take the WJ cognitive, which is an IQ test, or the WJ achievement test? If it was achievement, I'd think that most schools are willing to place based on achievement moreso than IQ and his comment about IQ not mattering is moot. I do believe from what I've heard that the grade equivalents on the WJ achievement test can be a little misleading especially in younger kids. My oldest, for instance, got some grade 18+ scores on the WJ-III (achievement) when she was a younger 7 y/o. She was definitely very advanced in those areas, but not that advanced. None the less, I would have been very unhappy had she not at least been offered the most accelerated grouping they had for those very advanced areas and putting a child in a below average grouping when achievement is clearly well above average makes no sense.

It almost sounds to me like you are in a power struggle with this teacher where he is determined to prove you wrong or do the opposite of what you want to prove a point of some sort. Is a classroom change an option?