I know I shouldn't worry about it, as it is out of my control, but I am worried about the required teacher and principal recommendation forms that we had to get for my DS9.

He applied to a private Middle School near our house for 6th grade. DS9 is currently in 4th grade at our local public school (one year skip already) but he is not being challenged at all. We are seeing signs of underachieving. He does well in school (all A's) except when it is a grade related to effort, behavior, or handwriting. DS9 likes to voice his opinion but this year has been a lot better in regards to his behavior.

I am really worried about the recommendation letters that we had to get from the school (Principal and Current Teacher). They refuse to challenge him so why would they think he needs to skip another grade and enter a private 6th grade next fall. His teacher told us during out parent teacher meeting this fall that as smart as DS9 is she is completely against grade skips.

I am really hoping that his SSAT scores, interview (the interviewer loved him) and his interactions during his day long school visit will be enough to get him into the school. We also had a recommendation letter from DS9's karate teacher (which I am sure was good).

Anyone else every had to deal with recommendation letters that you knew might not be in your favor??

Crisc