I'm hoping to get some advise. I'm encountering issues with getting the services for my 2E child at my local elem. The school is not wanting to provide dt services because his academic work is not below grade level.

We had my son tested in transitional K because he was not progressing with basic reading skills and his frustration with the learning process was causing him to shut down emotionally. He has two older sibs (gt)so DH and I recognized that something was amiss. We were surprised when he tested with a perceptual reasoning at 130 and verbal at 121. He has a GAI of 130 and full score of 120 - significant scatter in his scores. DH and I placed him in a reading programed geared for young kids with "dyslexic identifiers" and it has helped tremendously.

Now my son is in K at our local public school. We filed a 504 with enrollment on the Dr.'s advise. The school was suppose to be pulling him to work with the dyslexia teacher 2x a week to ensure that he was working on his phonemic weaknesses. However, that has not happened. DS is reading at K level (due to the private work we are providing)so the school doesn't see any issues. No pull out. We have been told that they are not obliged to provide services until he has been in the public school system for 2 years. His teacher is also not sure if the dx of dyslexia is correct. She just doesn't "see" it.

To top things off we just received his cogat scores from the district and he his composite score was 31 (yes that is correct). So, he will not receive gt services as well.

Is this a situation of the LD and gift averaging out? Should I push harder for accommodations for DT and GT? Could my original gt testing with the neuro be in error? Any advise is appreciated.