If anyone can recommend some resources for GT/2E/Highly Sensitive Adults in the S.E. MA or RI area, especially with regards to psych counseling (w/o drugs), I'd really appreciate it. I looked online and there are some places, but these seem more geared towards kids rather than adults, and according to the map here, most New England states (despite being the birthplace of public American education!) are NOT GT/2E friendly. I think there is too much time (and money) spent on the cookie-cutter standardized tests rather than really caring about "is our childrens learning." mad

I don't have money or a job; the economy is awful anyway, and I'm not emotionally healthy enough to go out and get one. Something like retail or fast-food would be far too stressful for the worthless pay I'd receive anyway. But my parents are in enormous debt and cannot afford for me to see any more counselors, since all the ones we've tried were not at all a good match. (Over 20 or so years, that sure adds up to a lot of OOP cash.) In fact, I will soon be 26 and forced to be off my father's insurance plan, and then either default onto state welfare or go on a college plan. The latter, though, would involve going to college, which neither I nor my family can afford whatsoever without some type of assistance. As of right now I would likely be getting ready to transfer from a two-year to a four-year school, but things like the Pell Grant don't cover the full cost of bachelor's-level education, and I myself am feeling far too overwhelmed to even think about going back to school. This, I feel, is a tragedy for someone like me who does have so much potential and could do so much, but has a lot of emotional difficulties holding me back, and finances holding me back further from getting the right kind of help for these emotional difficulties with special attention "paid" to the tremendous amount of gifts I just know I possess. (Which I hope doesn't sound self-aggrandizing or narcissistic.)

I had a look at some of the online sources (like Rocamora School and some faraway-located counselors who do sessions via Skype), but I would prefer a one-on-one, real-world, face-to-face session, physically sitting in front of the therapist, rather than the relative distance that still exists when doing things over the "airwaves" even if there's video involved. They are often very expensive, too, and obviously someone in California isn't going to be able to take state-level insurance from 3,000 miles away. frown

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance smile

'Tis a gift to be simple; 'tis a gift to be free.