(UPDATE is in the 3rd post)

My daughter was tested at a Children's Hospital and was diagnosed with dyslexia. The tester ended up using the Woodcock Johnson Test of Cognitive Abilities but the brief version which was only 15 min. She said that she wouldn't be surprised if she had a full iq scale done that the results would be higher. She was then tested with WJ Achievement test, TOWRE, GORT-4, and CTOPP.

Verbal: 90%
Concept Formation: 97%
Visual Matching: 12%

Processing Speed: 15%
Decision Speed: 24%
Rapid Picture Naming: 7%

Math Fluency: 10%
Oral Comprehension: 64%
Passage Comprehension: 28%
Letter-Word Identification: 45%
Spelling: 44%
Word Attack: 49%

Sight Word Efficiency: 42%
Phonemic Decoding Efficiency: 21%

Rate (GORT-4) 37%
Accuracy (GORT): 16%
Fluency (GORT): 16%

Phonological Memory: 16%
Rapid Naming: 12%

She recommended a 504 plan and intensive reading program. In school I would say she is an average to above average student so I don't think she would qualify for an IEP. While she is somewhat behind in reading and math I don't think she is behind enough. But it's the amount of effort she puts in relation to the results she achieves that is frustrating for us. She is also extremely self-critical and I worry about her self-esteem.

If your child has dyslexia do you find that a 504 plan with accommodations is enough? Do they get any extra support with reading or math?

ETA: Right now I just have the numbers but we will get a full report in a few weeks.

Last edited by mountainmom2011; 01/31/12 10:44 AM.