I'm no expert on the testing topic, but I can speak on what I've experienced. The CoGat is a group administered test vs. the RIAS, which is individual. This can make a HUGE difference in results, especially at that age. My son did not perform well on the CoGat, but showed possible gifted on a gifted screener (KBIT). We are actually waiting on RIAS results at this time. I have heard that highly gifted kids do not perform well on the Cogat, this is most likely the case with your child as they appear to be in the Highly gifted range! If you want more details, I would suggest calling the CoGat test administer to find out what your child's answers looked like. I found that my son had a "slow and accurate" response style on the Cogat. He did not complete any subtests (except the verbal) but answered nearly all correctly that he attempted. Unanswered questions bring the score down. The time limit at older age group can hinder the scores. I'm not sure if there is a time limit at age 6 or not. My DS was 9 when he took it. Hope this helps!