My kids & I attended a parent group last night that was interesting and good albeit a 45 min drive. Dd13 commented that a lot of the other HG+ teens were like her (a lot of vegetarians, similar political & spiritual beliefs, and a lot of others who had skipped grades too).

Some of my discussions brought up a number of thoughts for me and I wanted to get others' options on one in particular. I hope that I did not offend the others by disagreeing with the common thread that one can score too low on an IQ test but not too high. Everyone with whom I spoke expressed this opinion (the highest score you ever achieve is the most accurate).

When I brought up research that indicated substantial shifts in IQ scores over time in young children (both up and down), one of the others stated that a drop in IQ was likely due to poor educational fit. In other words, there is a combination of nature & nurture involved (which I agree with) and also that underplacing a child educationally will decrease his IQ (which I'm not sure on).

Any thoughts on whether having a child underchallenged in school will cause his intelligence to drop, not just his achievement?