We would have pulled him out of kindergarten after the first week instead of making him suffer through a whole semester. It was obviously a bad fit, and my reluctance to pull him made him suffer so much.

We would have pursued neuropysch testing at a younger age. (That is, a complete evaluation rather than just IQ and achievement tests.) Knowing ahead of time that ADHD wasn't an issue would have been great.

We would have pursued OT testing for SID early. Although - I say this and we haven't pursued it yet and it does seem like an issue.

We would have bought more books and games - wait - if we had done that we would have had no room to live in our house. Scratch that.

We would have focused more on social interaction and motor skills and given our kids a little less freedom as preschoolers. Sounds cruel - but we have paid a price for letting them follow their interests and not making them develop some of the same skills as their peers.

I actually think we would have allowed computers earlier rather than later. Although still in limited amounts. Just because some of those learning to read games would have taken care of the formal phonics needs.

Mary

Mary