Dd11 is planning to apply for the new Yunasa West and I was wondering if any of your kids have experience with the Yunasa program and how likely one is to get financial aid. I did contact them; it sounds like she is a good candidate to get in; they said to get the application in before the early deadline of early March to apply for financial aid, but that's about all I know.

Their program info says that "limited" financial aid is available for families "in need." I wouldn't expect the camp tuition to be totally covered, but does anyone have any idea of how low income one needs to be to be likely to get financial aid and how much aid they offer? We might be able to cover about $700-750 for the week, but we can't do the $1350 without feeling really bad that we're probably going to have to put the $ on a loan/credit card and work on paying that off rather than paying down our car loan, for instance.

I wouldn't even consider something this expensive except that I think dd would really benefit from a chance to be around other HG kids and see that gifted isn't all about arrogant high achievers. GT ids and programming where we live are a competitive thing and dd attends school with some kids who drive her insane with their bragging.