Is it the physical act of writing that she needs help with, or some aspect of composition or what? If it's the physical handwriting side our experiences with DS-now-8 may be relevant. I've written about them somewhere here but not putting my hand on the post, will edit it in for detail later perhaps... but in brief:

- he's always disliked and been slow at handwriting (though neatness has been age-OK)

- this came to a head last summer, because he was worried about going into a new year that would have higher expectations for amount of writing produced

- so we set up a system of daily practice for him in which he'd write out the same thing (it was a list of English monarchs and their dates!) every day, against the stopwatch, and try to improve his time

- we gave him the odd pointer, e.g. "shake your hand before you start to get it relaxed", "use this softer pencil and don't press so hard" but mostly left it to him

- he did improve his time and felt better about starting the school year

- his new teacher involved the special education teacher because his writing clearly is behind his other work; she takes him out for sessions of a few minutes once a week or so, and gives him tips such as extra joins he can do, but it's all very low key

- this term he has started to talk about how much he likes writing stories! He's still a bit slow but he's improving and no longer stressed about it.

Email: my username, followed by 2, at google's mail