frannieanddejsmom, we're out in Lake Zurich but have been hanging out with the St. Charles FunEd Meetup group on Fridays. : )

Grinity, thanks for the smiles and the encouragement. I need to remember (and write down!) the humor in raising these four intensely-scatterbrained bright sparks, lol! Who else finds a stalactite nursery hanging in their washing machine? Knows the garage-door light sensor wired over the bedroom door is really a laser beam?
Has a permanent Ikea swing hanging at one end of the dinner table?
Now if only they could program that durn beeping Lego robot to bring me my coffee.... ; )

I don't think that our former WIAT achievement scores are high enough to qualify for YS due to math and MAP scores don't count. We aren't signed up for NUMATS Explore and I think the deadline for that is Jan 16-- probably not enough time to apply for extended time. I have several creative writing papers saved as portfolio and he's due to take a me-generated midterm in Oceanography which would likely qualify as above-grade-level science work as we're using a college text. Maybe I could have him take a past AMC-8 math test and show all his work. Not sure if either of those count...none of his public-school work is useful (or legible!).