The point of IQ tests is that they are good at identifying intellectual ability in most kids. Most isn't all. It sounds like your new school system is working well, so I'd allow them to test for giftedness, and to give any accomidations they think will be useful to her.

My guess is that it will take a few more years and repeated tests to figure out your daughter, but she appears to be heading in the right direction!

It is entirely possible to be both gifted and learning disabled. It's possible to be gifted in some academic areas, and average or below average in others. Sometimes disabilities will make it difficult to detect giftedness, and sometimes giftedness will make it difficult to detect disabilities. People are complicated creatures.

It's possible that your DD is better described as 'bright' than as 'gifted' but 'bright' is intelligent enough for almost any career your dd might turn out to be interested in. I've heard a lot of the parents here say that motivation, drive and character matter more to life success than the exact spot on the bright-gifted line, and I think that's true.

Smiles,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com