So... yeah... we finally got the results back from the computer-based testing my son did back at the end of October. It was the IVA+Plus. And apparently, according to this, my son does *not* have ADHD. At all. What the test did show was a Mild to Moderate Impairment in Visual Prudence, and a Mild Impairment in Visual Sensory/Motor. He showed zero signs of hyperactivity during the test, and the rest of his results:

Auditory Attention - Exceptional Range
Auditory Sustained Attention - Superior Range
Auditory Dependability - Superior Range
Auditory Stability - Superior Range

Visual Attention - Superior Range
Visual Sustained Attention - Above Average Range

From her report "(DS) showed a superior ability to respond reliably to auditory stimuli. His response times did not excessively vary under low demand conditions. In respect to recognition reaction time, (DS) was able to respond in a reliable manner. He demonstrated superior ability in comparison to his peers in maintaining his speed of responses to auditory stimuli under high demand conditions."

Her conclusion "Based on the testing results of the IVA+Plus Assessment, I believe that (DS) would benefit from non-verbal IQ testing utilizing the Naglieri Abilities Test. <explanation of the NNAT> This test can give us the information we need to make sure (DS) is placed in the appropriate academic program and to determine if he should be placed in advanced learning classes or classes for gifted children."

She also recommends doing some more testing for anxiety and working on that and social skills in counseling with her.

Honestly, I am pretty amazed by these results. I want to be relieved, but I am mostly just confused, lol! Has anyone else had this test administered to their children?

~amy