Hi all,

Our district has been having a debate over the last two years regarding deleveling the middle schools. So far 6th and 7th have been deleveled except in math. Tonight, the administration proposed that we plan to institute IB and move to full deleveling (except in math) for grades 6-9.

I am curious to learn more about IB (I had my own bad IB experience in high school, which I am trying hard to set aside, as it was a very long time ago). I would love to hear from the parents of gifted middle school kids who attend an IB school and what you think about the program. If your child does attend, is the school a charter or selective (by application) school, or is it open to all. If it is open to all, do you live in a school district that is diverse (racially and sociology-economically). Our admin is selling this as the be-all end-all, and it might be, but I wonder how well it really will work in our very diverse district where teachers might be teaching to a class where there are kids three years below grade level and other kids 3 years above.

Looking forward to hearing from you.