DS9 is subject accelerated into pre-algebra; he is starting to find it a little too easy, and is asking if he can take algebra on-line. He however wants a class with other students and not just an on-line program. I am not sure the public school district will accept any DL course. Also I am hesitant to move him from pre-algebra to algebra this late in the year.
Potential concerns are getting the school to agree to skip algebra next year (If they allow a DL course) and having him take honors geometry at the HS. Finding a course that pushes him (I like the aops, but I am unsure if it�s accredited). Also I am trying not to offend current pre-algebra teacher and next years algebra teacher, The pre-algebra teacher is doing a great job and has helped me start a math counts group at the school and the algebra teacher has helped out at each meeting. Unfortunately our district has a weaker math program compared to other districts. DS9 is pushing to find other students to work with in math that are more like him. I can find them in math competitions (very strong students) but none in our district. Any ideas are welcomed.