I'm just wondering if anyone has used k12 and been disappointed. This is our second year in a k12 charter and, sadly, we're not impressed. The program seemed to be OK last year - DS was challenged and learned a lot more than he had in the B&M school the year prior. Naturally, we decided to stick with what was working. However, this year has been just awful - due in large part to the 'charter part'.

While looking for something different, we've come across some other online schools/curricula and in taking the grade level math test for one, DS definitely didn't match up. I'm confused because DS is breezing through his k12 math this year and also the state assessments. The state we're in isn't a top achiever, by any means, but how can there be such a drastic difference in DSs performance with k12 and the state assessments compared to the comparable class with another school/curriculum??

I'm venting more than anything really, but I do wonder if there's something I'm missing. I'd always heard such great things about k12, but it seems to be lacking, in this case.

Does anyone have any feedback on k12 compared to other curricula you've used or looked into? Btw, I'm not intending to bash k12 - we were very impressed in the beginning and still like many aspects of it, but this thing with the math has me puzzled.