If the income gap is widening, then is society more egalitarian? Can the more talented, get so much more than the less talented?

There is a middle through high school here for the performing arts kind. DD's classmate older sister started there this year and the mother told me the math was weak. And I can understand that. It is about becoming a musical/dancing/actor star. And if you don't, too bad, waitress.

Because this is a performing arts school, the difference in success or not is dramatic (pun intended). But think of regular school. The really talented can become neurosurgeons or theorectical physists like Brian Greene. The rest, figure out a job, which may or not have benefits and the ability to buy a house and support a family.

I think that is the unspoken. Everyone wants their kid to have the shot at success. And putting certain kids in a special gifted programs does give them a better shot. Our principal is totally opposed of accelerated math (even though there are gifted classes and a similar school a few blocks away pushes the gifted agenda) I still like the school for a few reasons and just use CTY. But her attitude is really annoying for me, yet the parents of kids in non-gifted classes love her for it.

They out number us.

Ren