Hi
Strange question because I am not sure what is troubling me and I might just be jumping the gun as we have a mtg with the teacher on Monday.

DS 5.5 is in K, gifted school, its been as good as we could have hoped for without actually meeting all his academic needs, but then I didn't expect it to. Anyhow, so teacher, who is very attentive and emails and follows up, made mention a month ago about his writing issues - she spoke to the school OT and got some strategies - writing while leaning on a loose leaf binder - so making a slanty desk has been great - they also give him all sorts of tasks to do so he can get up and move around to deal with his fidgets. We had an outside eval in pre-K which id'd some issues but we only did 8 OT sessions for a whole host of reasons.

Fast forward to now, he was a reluctant writer and drawer but now does more, but its not his preferred activity, but from my point of view he has been improving exponentially in a short period of time. And she also noted the improvement. We then shared the OT report we had. So I just received an email from the teacher saying she shared it with the principal (why?) and now she is commenting on the fact that he is falling out of his chair. And she wants to talk about it in the conference.

Part of me wants to think they understand what they have with him and are trying to figure out how to accommodate him - the rest of me thinks this is the beginning of the road to labeling him something.

So sort of venting - sort of looking for advice - I guess I should just wait to see what she has to say and try to calm down. We have a lot of other stress right now and DH thinks I am focusing on this to avoid that - he may be right - or this is the mom gut tingles.

Thoughts?

DeHe