Both my kids take music lessons. My son started piano at 5 and my daughter started violin at 4. My daughter is doing great, but I don't feel I can make any statements on her ability. I can say she's ahead of nearly all the kids her age even ones that started 1-2 years ahead of her. When she loves her music, she loves it with all her heart, swaying and playing that piece over and over.

My son is much beloved by his teacher who has a PhD and used to teach at the college level. His college teacher say he works with him better than some of college student. He's very good at picking up nuances and imitating. His technique isn't super special, but his expression is what teachers go on and on about. His teacher has done a good job challenging him.

My oldest is definitely mathematically gifted. I suspect my younger is too, but we're homeschooling and she is a girl that needs to be invested. She's not racing through material like her brother did, but I definitely suspect she could.

I thought the previous video was very cute! I'm happy to share videos if people PM me.

Last edited by kimck; 10/28/11 03:46 PM.