EXCELLENT ideas, thank you!

I will for sure have his teacher write a letter. She is somewhat aware of his advanced level. (Although she is still surprised when he will write a simple sentence not knowing he sits and writes "novels" on the computer....)

I will print out the KG curriculum ASAP. Although the schools we are visiting are private so they might say something like, our school is more advanced than that. Oh well then, bring it on...lol! (Won't say THAT of course....)

About the maturity. This is when I think we have an advantage since he WILL HAVE been with older kids for the full year. The teacher can vouch that he gets along very well with his classmates. He is a very mature kid, and like most of you know with gifted kids, he enjoys hanging out with adults much more than kids.

I am sure they will want to meet him. Might wait on this until we have an understanding from them about what he needs academically. He tends to be quiet and shy when first meeting new people.

Also, having DS attend a KG class is something I will bring up. That way they can see for themselves.

And both my husband and I are going to all meetings. Good point there. I am just not this nutty mom then....:-)