she has never come out and asked for anything different with words...and it's really only been since the start of this school year that I started talking to her about it at all. She's really closed off about school in general. She doesn't fake sick though or say she's bored or try to get out of going to school. And reading rates higher than recess...She wants to read and she wants art. That's as far as I've gotten from her, lol!

They have made some accomodations for her...the school psychologist pulled her out to talk about motivating her with rewards and asking what she thought she needed to perform better...we FINALLY got a seperate desk (I have been trying to get that for 3 years) and she is supposed to be allowed free reading is she finishes classwork early. I've been telling her THAT for 3 years too, but it hasn't seemed to sink in...we've been trying to find her "carrot" for 3 years now and are still nowhere. She said she would consider a "privacy board" but I knew that wasn't going to work and it's not, she doesn't want everyone to notice her, even though they do.

Tonight I suggested that she draw some pictures and write a story to let me know how she feels about school...we'll see what happens.

I also used to think this would be a good school if you had to accelerate, since we are K-12 and the kids are using to mingling in several age groups, but I think a few parents would, how do I put this...be vocal in their displeasure and disapproval. And I don't know how you would hide that from a kid like these...

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...