Originally Posted by LilMick
Does he have any older friends/cousins/classmates... taking it that day? For me, they put me in the same room as my senior classmate so that he could help me with finding the room again after breaks/finding the bathroom/registration... It was a pretty good solution, and I'd recommend it.
He doesn't; SAT isn't used for university admission here, so taking it is very rare (the facility exists for the few people who want to apply to US universities). On the plus side, I imagine that that means it won't be a "hundreds of people in one room" situation. Actually, I don't know how many do take it on any one date. I could find out... It has occurred to me that I could take it myself to keep him company!

Originally Posted by LilMick
I didn't finish every section in the allotted time. You may want to explain that and go over filling out a scantron sheet before he takes the exam, if he decides to take it. Those were my biggest issues as a very young tester.
Yup, we talked about that when he did the sample paper sessions and he filled in the sheet veeeerrrry sloooowly each time. I think he'd get an extra 3 questions done per section just through getting faster at that; but colouring in has never been a strength of his :-)

Thanks everyone for the useful comments.

Email: my username, followed by 2, at google's mail