My dd5 is in kindergarten this year (it's been almost 3 months since school started) and I really do love her school and her teacher. She's happy to go to school and is a teacher's dream student (no behavior issues whatsoever). I've been assigned to volunteer in the classroom every Monday and so I've been able to observe what they are doing. For reading it appears the teacher is working with children either one on one or in small groups based on ability. So that seems to be covered. But there appears to be no math differentiation at this point.

My dd5 has not been tested but I've been told by many that she is 'different'. She was able to do 100 piece puzzles before age 3, knew her letters and sounds they make by 18 months, and sounding out words at 24 months. At the age of 3 she insisted I teach her how to play chess. In pre-k they did a K readiness test and she scored a 99% (the highest possible). She also did the same pre-k program the year before as a 3 yo and scored a 95%. Her pre-k teacher repeatedly would tell me how disappointed she was to hear we were moving and dd's kindergarten test scores wouldn't be applied to their school for their district score.

She is reading at almost a 3rd grade level, able to do basic addition/subtraction/division and recently she has done some work out of a 2nd grade Singapore math book. At home she enjoys puzzles, writing books and playing games like monopoly, checkers, chess and UNO.

Her current school has a gifted program starting in 2nd grade so I picked it in hopes that one day she may qualify for it. At the moment though I'm uncertain if I should say something to the teacher about challenging her more. Is it still too early in the year to ask for differentiation? Should I let it go since my dd is happy and not causing problems in class? I just don't want to be one of 'those parents' who thinks their child is better than all the rest when perhaps she's average in class.