Originally Posted by mnmom23
Now, they probably won't be expecting what you're telling them, but you may never get another chance this year to lay it all out in front of them. And, if they don't necessarily believe you or they think that you are exaggerating, then they've got a few weeks to test him out, either in an attempt to use your information to try to find out where he really is or in an attempt to refute what you say and label you as a PITA. Unfortunately, you can't control what they do with the information. All you can do is give it to them.

I think you are all so right - they might not believe me but I can't control it so might as well use the opportunity. It's a gifted school with acceleration - although not yet obvious how that plays out in K. So DH and I focused on where DS really stands out, reading and science, and not so much math, rather than explain he gets algebra but can't add well or consistently!

After pre-k got all weird with the teachers and other parents I think the idea of announcing who DS is and what he can do makes me nervous. But we wanted this school in hopes that he will be accommodated. I hope there is some response but I would guess MagnaSky's experience is probably the norm!

Thanks again for the quick response since I left my homework till the last minute!

DeHe