Rather than beginning supplemenation at home, I'd first work on what you can get changed at school. Sorry to disagree, Cawdor smile ; I am just not sure that it is going to fix the issue to have him learn more rote skills outside of school and then go to school and stagnate.

I'd start with requesting whatever assessments the school itself has done or asking what, if any, assessments they will be doing this year. I'd also want to know if they stop once the child meets the requirement. For instance, counting to 100 is something children are supposed to do by the end of K here. I recall at least one of my dd's report cards listing the # she was able to count to as "100" every quarter from the first one on. Once you hit 100, that was it, they didn't test any further. Reading assessments are done that way at times as well. Once the kid is testing at grade level, they don't bother to see how far above grade level s/he is.

Do you know what the GT program at your school consists of as well and when it starts? It's good to know what you're advocating for. If they don't have anything that will meet his needs within grade level, like others have suggested, subject acceleration is sometimes a wonderful option as are grade skips.