Thanks!

I've been focused on books because that's what he asked for, but a computer program is a great idea. I actually got him a multiplication workbook last week. I sat down to do the first couple lessons that explained the concept of multiplication. He explained it to me before I got started and then flipped to the middle and filled out about 1/2 of the 10x10 multiplication table. (I'm not sure when he learned to multiply. I think I mentioned the basic principle of repeated addition a couple months ago.)

He quit because he got tired of writing. I could see the numbers getting sloppier and sloppier before he gave up. A computer program would be a great solution because he wouldn't have to write as much. Writing is an ongoing issue for him because he is only 6 years old. He can't write well enough to express the ideas he is capable of understanding and all to often books that interest him are written for a much older child. The math workbook is a good example of that. The amount of space provided for each answer is small compared to the size of his handwriting.

Jill