Well tex, that's pretty much not what I needed to hear, but thanks. smile
they are 'allowing' it because their policy allows it, but they are not in support of it, so they have pointed out how my dd's drawing is not the same as other 1st graders, and her reading is behind other starting first graders.
She has show some eagerness for reading and ok progress but we only found out lately she needs glasses, and I think she was getting really discouraged there for a while. frown

She has some pretty high wppsi scores, so I am still leaning towards going ahead, but it would just be soooo much better if they gave her a few months to get into the swing and to come back from a pretty discouraging reading experience. frown But she has the tail end of summer and the first 6 weeks of school only, so I am worried. I am concerned that especially with math, if I keep her in k this year she will be majorly bored in another year, for the next 5 years. Last night she wanted me to show her some algebra since I was looking at a few things with ds11; she did ok with figuring out how many bottles in 1 box of drinks if 2 boxes of drinks have 10 bottles; how many in 3 boxes, etc.
But then again, she'll probably be bored with l.a. too; today we were looking at a muzzy language game and accidentally went into colors in italian; we haven't looked at this in ages, plus she's never heard italian before, and she just started figuring out the colors from what they were saying, even rosa=pink. Sigh.

So my quandary, give up now, or wait to see how it goes.
I will at least give myself a couple more weeks to consider all this.