Sorry to belabor the point, but if only 1% did as well or better in math (i.e. 49/50, missed one or less questions), and 2% did as well or better in reading (i.e. 89/90, missed one or less questions), how could 7% do as well or better overall (i.e. 228/230, missed two or less questions) given my son's perfect scores in the other sections?

All my son's missed questions (two) were in math and reading (one each)....he didn't lose any ground on the other three sections (100% right)...even if every other student aced the remaining three sections, as my son did, it would not let them "catch up" to his 49/50 on math and 89/90 on reading and thus get a 228/230 or higher.

Whether there is full overlap or no overlap between the students outperforming my son on the math and reading subsets, one or both of the math/reading percentiles would need to be lower for my son if the 93% total percentile is right, given his perfect scores in the other sections...the math, reading and total percentiles shown above cannot be correct simultaneously...thus my question as to whether the component or total percentiles (or neither) are correctly calculated.

This could be a more general issue affecting all students' percentile calculations....the only reasonable explanation I can think of is that only higher performing schools had their kids take the other 3 sections, thus the eligible sample for the full battery (as my son took the test) is much lower and much higher accomplished than the samples that took the "core" reading and math sections...otherwise as noted above it does not appear to make sense.