I'm trying not to be nervous this year. But, once again I find myself second guessing our educational decisions. DD9 was evaluated in the spring for a grade skip. They did the Iowa Acc. Scale. She came out as a good candidate, but we ultimately opted not to do the skip. She will have the only teacher in the district who is licensed for GT. Supposedly, she is wonderful. So, we opted to stay in fourth grade and do subject acceleration for math and reading. I think the high expectations for this fantastic teacher are making me more anxious in a strange way. I hope we didn't make the wrong decision. I guess if it isn't working, we can re-evaluate and move her later.

DD5 is starting K. She is already reading a little bit, but really seems to be a mathy kid. She counts forward, backward, adds, subtracts, etc. I suspect she'll end up in the same ballpark as her sister with regard to IQ. However, she is a totally different kid... Easygoing, rolls with the punches, super social. I would say she is more "pleasantly" gifted. I'm thinking (hoping) that she will have an easier time with school because of her personality.

How will DD9 do with this wonderful GT teacher and her subject acceleration, and how will DD5 handle K? We shall see. I'm trying not to worry!