She has a more mild spastic diplegia. She was premature and had low oxygen from a hospital mistake for an unknown amount of time. Right now she is back in PT because of muscle weakness as she has grown. She had extensive OT for motor planning and PT for gait, she had ST as part of early intervention. She is down to SMO's now, braces that just come above her ankle bone. She is now an active 8yo. She has beautiful handwriting, but it slow. She will often have something to say but the pause to get it out is noticeable if there is a lot going on to distract her. On the other hands she always has the oral narration answers, her auditory comprehension isn't a problem and is her strength according to the testing. She is a very slow reader, and was a late reader because of visual problems, but her comprehension can be very high.

I'm not sure who we turn to for more definative answers. She has had the neurophsych eval., she sees a developmental pediatrician for PT and her braces, but he doesn't address any of the cognitive issues. I agree she needs very specific accomodations, but I don't know how to find them. I see so much potential (even before her IQ scores) but it's like it's locked in a bottle.

Last edited by melmichigan; 08/01/11 04:07 PM.

EPGY OE Volunteer Group Leader