This may be a little rambling but I am wondering about something I discussed with a friend today. We were discussing children being able to resist peer pressure as they get older and why some can more easily than others and what tools to equip them with. This got me thinking about the big personality discussion we had a few days back.

I was able to resist peer pressure fairly easily because if I didn't want to do it, I didn't do it. I think now that is probably at least partially because of my being an INTJ. My child however, is a people pleasing, ESFP. He has been having some pressure at school already and is having a hard time standing up to some things even though he knows they are wrong. Nothing serious at this point and he brought the issue to me and we worked through it but it does have me wondering for the future. My friend I was discussing this with said she had done all sorts of things growing up because of a friend persuading her even though she knew it was wrong and she felt awful about it. I honestly don't really understand that myself but it did get me to thinking about my DS and how he will probably look at things from a very different perspective than I did.

So I guess I am wanting to know, do you think it is easier for certain personalities to resist things more so than others or is that just my own personal experience? My communication with my DS is great at this point and we talk about everything. But I am of the "if you know it is wrong just don't do it" school of thought and maybe that won't be the best advice or approach to give him as he is a very different personality from me. Any thoughts?