Originally Posted by glexchick
The lining up of things was insane...we'd have entire armies of plastic animals and figurines lined up in queues all over the house. We'd wait and sneak behind her back and change the order of two of them, or turn one the opposite way, and she'd see it immediately and rush over to put it back the way she had it. Just...strange.

I had to grin when I read that!

Our son went through that lining up phase. His thing was letters. Three sets of those foam kind. He would line them up in order, but they absolutely had to be touching. I used to push two letters away from each other in the line when he was out of the room. Of course, he would see it and push them together again! LoL

Prior to that alphabet obsession, he had a toy with the colors of the rainbow as the background to pictures. The toy had nothing to do with rainbows, yet one day I found them lined up in the correct order of colors. That one happened when he was two. I remember taking a picture of it, I was so surprised.

There's a touch of Aspie tendencies in my family; but no diagnoses. So far, the doctors haven't felt DS has it, but because he is often crying through appointments, it's difficult to catch him being himself!