Ugh, I don't know how gifted people manage to get PhDs. I want to have one by the time I'm 60, but I don't really have a good reason for wanting one. I'd probably teach part time and do some research.

My transcript makes me look bi-polar or something. I have a semester of straight As, followed by Cs and Ds (even Fs), followed by straight As, followed by Cs and Ds, etc. I have 80 college credits and I decided to just drop out for now and concentrate on being a SAHM and my business.

Are you definitely sure you want to do all this schooling? My reaction to my experiences has been to decide to homeschool my own children. I have no interest in trying to work within the current system.

I also recognize how bored I get in school and in jobs and I deal with a lack of self-discipline as well. A lack of self-discipline is the result of coasting through childhood without getting challenged and having to work hard for anything, I think.

The only thing I work really hard at, consistently, is my own business and at being a good mother. Instead of fighting who I am right now, I've decided to accept that and pay off the loans I have before going back again.

Last edited by islandofapples; 07/20/11 08:34 PM.