Almost four years ago, we moved to a small town in Colorado. In this state, local control rules and our local school board makes every decision (or usually doesn't do anything).

Teachers are chosen based on friendships - and usually with teachers attending the same church as the principal.

The school system does not want parent input. My daughter is going to high school next year and I was not allowed to help her with her schedule for four years. In fact, all of this was done at school.

We insist on "A"s and that is not difficult for her. She was having migraines (genetic from my husband) and did not put as much work into Geometry (8th grade) as she should have done. We spoke with her teacher. Her teacher told her that we are pressuring her and she does not need to make "A"s. I asked my daughter if anything was said to the Indian girl in the class and my daughter said that everyone knows that Indians are smarter. The teacher would not dare mention this to her parents. This is a high school level class that she received a "B" in and she will be out of the running for valedictorian.

She took a GT trip to Denver to a science museum and the GT teacher (who I really dislike) told them that there may be mention of evolution, but not to listen to it.

I am stuck here and have no other options. My health is poor and I cannot take all this. Honor society and Dual credit courses are chosen based on friendships.

Ugh!