This week has pretty much helped to decide that DD will not go to a public school next year. So now we have to endure the rest of the year best we can (while waiting for those Explore scores....). Last week DDs teacher e-mailed me about DD9 being absent minded, forgetting homework (not bringing home and turning in). I had recently e-mailed her about the bullying going on without much help, but she was concerned that DD didn't have a couple of pages of math turned in. DD had to redo it over recess.

Anyway, I responded kindly and explained that DD has had trouble with organization before and I would talk to her and see what I can find out. DD states she turned those two pages to a substitute teacher because she got them done day before everyone else. She told be the problems were too easy and she really didn't think it was fair to have her do them again because of the substitute misplacing them.

DD is big on fairness and feels hurt over her teacher's decision. She felt she couldn't defend herself and now she doesn't feel her teacher believes her or is truly on her side (she is a bit dramatic at times, LOL). I want to explain to her teacher that 1. the work she is given is not challenging 2. she feels the decision was not fair 3. she is young for her grade and may need some help with organization 4. what the heck is going on with these girls bullying her and no one is doing anything about it???

So how do I translate this into "teacher language" where it doesn't come off as rude or stage mom. The school knows of her abilities, but the gifted program isn't the answer as she goes 2 hours a week. She need acceleration within the curriculum or I will have a cranky child by May. Thanks for letting me vent and hopefully someone can help me gather my scattered thoughts.

Jen