DS10 is just finishing up fifth grade (grade skipped a few years ago). Overall it has been a better year with a subject acc. in math and some great teachers. Socially he made new friends (fifth grade starts a new school) and even had a girlfriend or two(whatever that translates into in 5th grade) for a few days. His teachers report that there are no issues with other kids not wanting to be in his group etc. and his friends are the mainstream well-liked group. His friends parents say that their sons think the world of DS and are happy they are friends.

My concern is that DS seems to have little or no interest in interacting with his friends during non-school hours. He has had a friend over once or twice this year and gone to someone else's house once. He has never asked for more and I mention almost every week that his friends are welcome anytime and he should call if he wants to make plans.

He is also what I consider "over-attached" to me. He wants me on all field trips and will even sit with me during those events, while my DD8 already plays it cool whenever I am at a school event.

Does any of this sound like anything I should be concerned with?