"mommy, we need to talk". �I thought for a moment that you were quoting my 3.5 word for word. �Last night he talked in his sleep, saying, "No. �No. �That's not what happened". �(the tone was corrective not defensive. �The boy was still arguing even while asleep). �
I'm trying to do the time out and then a conversation as the discipline at this point, my favorite being when he goes to the time-out chair saying, "ok. �But this is not time out. �I'm going and I'm going to sit here in this chair, but this is not time out."
Currently visiting my dad, so I'm just amazed seeing my dad implement my discipline on my kid so expertly. �Just stays so cool and he's like "you broke the rules. �You get your time out. �You can get your time out or get your spanking and then get your timeout. �Make a good choice.". then when he's done he's like, "do you know why you got your timeout? �
Oh! �I love it. �It's the just "shoot first and ask questions L8R." broke a rule? �Go to time-out. �The only part I didn't know when I was doing it was that little discussion afterwards which is ds prompted into � admission of guilt � recap narrative of why he was sent to time out, appologies to whomever, and what he should do next time. �

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar