thank you both for your input.

The teachers are really lovely - all the pre school teachers are parents of gifted children who attend the school too, and they really are interested in each child personally. You can see it in the way they are with the kids. I just think that they are either unaware of his actual ability, or that they are too busy with the regular classwork to plan for him individually. Either way it has to change.

We have decided to speak to his teacher and the pre school head, who will also be his teacher next year for Grade 0 (K).

Before we do that we will do the Ruff online assessment so that we can take the results to them to show that we are not pushy parents etc, but that we are actually just trying to help him find and understand himself and to have fun while doing this.

we will definitely ask them to increase the level of his tasks for 2 weeks to see if there is a difference in his desire to complete the work and his excitement in doing so.

we will also point out the change in emotions that has come from changes we made, and that we need this to continue at school as well.

I will also tell them that they need to introduce new learning concepts to him more regularly - not just new trivia

The reading I have two trains of thought on... On one hand I am happy with how they are doing it. I understand the way they work and the system they are using (DRA). It increases comprehension at the same time, so it seems to go a bit slower - and it is already working. On the other hand, we know he is still hiding ability at home and school.

thanks again - i will keep you updated as we go along

Mom to 3 gorgeous boys: Aiden (8), Nathan (7) and Dylan (4)