I don't understand the testing very well myself. What I do know is (and I'm looking at the test and thinking it out right now) that everyone in the school takes the tests from 3rd grade and higher. My son is not in third grade, but in order to get all the ceiling he can get, they test his as a third grader. They each get a scaled score, a number, for example last time my son tested (Oct '10) his scaled score was 2169 (the average score for a 3rd was 2232). This time his scaled score was 2834 (and the average 3rd grade score was 2305). So for the Grade level equivalent they mean that the average 9th grader has a scaled score of 2834 as their scaled score. His percentile score was 99th percentile for a 3rd grader.
I'll have to e-mail someone from the school maybe so they can tell me exactly what this means for my son. I was hoping to find someone on here with a similar situation so they could tell me what they did, or how things worked out for their child. Or what kinds of things I could do at higher levels, but that my 6 year old would enjoy.

Last edited by Jenafur; 06/08/11 07:54 AM.