I have posted in the past about my now 9 year old gifted, ADHD, Dyslexic and Dysgraphic son. I am very confused about what to do next.

My son has a 504 plan but I don't think this will help him much. He learned to read well without any services but his writing is terrible. The school counselor has suggested an evaluation for special education services but she said that he would likely only qualify because of his very poor writing skills. There is also the possibility that he would only qualify for SpEd for ADHD Other Health Impaired. This is what I think will happen. If a child qualifies under OHI, then will the school help with the dyslexia or dysgraphia? Or will he just be taken to the resource room to be monitored to make sure he completes his work? I am going to talk to the principal about the scenarios.

His grades plummeted this past grading period, and the teacher wrote things like he can't complete just one step in a task and that he needed one-on-one support. She wrote nothing positive and marked his papers with "Fs" and big red marks. He is in general well-behaved and liked by other kids.

Anyone have experience with SpEd OHI?

Thanks