Originally Posted by BaseballDad
When our DS6 was 3, for example, he floored me one day when in the middle of a game of catch, and completely out of the blue, he stopped to remark (correctly) that since he was 3 I must have been X when he was born. (X remains a variable in this version of the story to protect the innocent.)

This reminded me of when we gave my oldest dd swim goggles for her third birthday. She didn't seem that interested and instead told her dad, "Maybe I will wear goggles when I'm 10 ... in 7 years."

That one stopped us cold. Thanks for reminding me of that story. smile

As for this topic as a whole, I think I sensed early on that older dd was advanced because we did a lot of playgroups and had interactions with same age kids. And when your kiddo is reading things out loud at two, and other people comment on it, it's tough to ignore.

However, I will be very interested when we test our younger dd next school year. She, I would not identify as anything but maybe MG (she's nearly 5.5 and just now plowing through things like Frog and Toad, doing basic subtraction and addition, etc). If her numbers come back anywhere near older sister's (who is a DYS), you will all need to mop me off the floor.