Hi
DH and i feel terrible, in separate incidents we both managed to forget that our five year old is five. we have these deep conversations about all sorts of things and he is so smart beyond his years, i like to think I am conscious of the asynchrony, and then insert foot!!! You know how Disney works really hard to make sure the kids never see that the characters aren't real, we basically said they weren't real, without even meaning to!!

We're going to DIsney so had a disucssion about Mickey and, he starts asking about where he lives, and I said I don't know where he will be since toon town is closed, I didn't understand what he was saying in retrospect it was pretty obvious he was saying how can he be in so many places at once and how come sometimes he is flat and others 3D At some point (we were in the car and I think he wore me down smile I actually said do you think he is real or imaginary, and he paused for awhile and then said imaginary and then went off on how the one whose hands you shake is a hologram, but one you can touch. So he sort of fixed it in his own head for his idiot mom, but then we followed it up with this:

flipping channels, see christopher Lloyd in a star trek movie, DS close your eyes, who does it sound like, he correctly says Hacker from cyber chase. Now is hysterical that hacker isn't real, that an actor is playing him, how can he be both.

So we watched some NASA shuttle stuff to calm down and DS kept saying he didn't know why he was crying. . I know this is not earth shattering but I feel like pond scum, killing Santa, the tooth fairy all in one week!!

DeHe