Deep breathes. Honestly, a lot of what Grinity said. I know how hard it is (our meeting about next year is tomorrow, and I suspect I will be here tomorrow night venting myself) but you have to ignore that kind of junk and just stay focused on what you want. That doesn't mean you cannot politely work to inform them (i.e. "What a Child Doesn't Learn" is very smart), but IMHO the best thing to do is to refuse to engage.

Another option is to engage very earnestly. For example, say very sweetly and gently, "I am not sure I understand your comment about being bored. I am certain that you are not suggesting that it is okay for him to not learn during school. . ." Sometimes this approach can disarm them.

Don't feel bad about using the B word. I should know better, but I used it with my DD's teacher this winter, and the result was exactly what I should have expecte. I said it very gently, but still got the defensive posturing and then she spoke to my DD5, asked her what she found "boring" and then proceeded to tell her she had to be bored and do those things so that she would be ready for 1st grade - now my DD5 thinks that going to school is supposed to be boring because that is how you get ready for the next grade!