IMO by the time you've educated them well enough to consider college they should be developed enough to have some of their own ideas in mind. �There goes all your careful plans, or there should go all your careful plans. �I'm obviously �over-involved while they're really young. �I think they'll be making most of their own choices when they're ready. �I don't know if I'll be ready. �Now the below highschool level acceleration is a different question, one I honestly can't answer yet even for my own kids. �I'm open to anything from going to school as a social event to advocating for a k skip straight to wherever the DAS or MAP puts him by that time. �From sending him a year early to holding him back until he turns almost 7 (late birthday and kindergartens not mandatory). �I'm open to homeschool or virtual school, I'm not sure about boarding school; I would like to hope I would be, but I'm not certain. How I can be this open to the possibilities and this aware of the options and still be uncertain of the plan, we'll see how that works out. �I think it's great that there's archives of what worked for other GPG kids and even better that we have a live chat forum here to ask real people about their experiences and get instant feedback on our ideas and our lives, but I don't think it will make a "best practices" formula for raising a PG kid, maybe for running a school or community, but not for guiding an individual kid. �I honor your life Wren of giving your daughter the best of everything you can find and making your world revolve around your baby and her childhood and her progression at her own pace. �Ain't it beautiful.
Happy Mothers Day.
And Happy Mothers Day everybody.

Last edited by La Texican; 05/08/11 03:16 PM.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar