Yes, my son has ADHD I guess. I am reluctant to admit it but I guess I just have to come to terms with it and deal with it. He's good with his medication and he only has to take one so that's good. It's easily treated for him. The psychiatrist said that they see dysgraphia in about 80% of ADHD kids so it's not like it's uncommon.

As far as his testing and the writing he actually scored as a 12 year old for written expression. She was AMAZED at his ability there and said she just could not BELIEVE some of the sentences he put together and the complexity of some of his vocabulary. She said once she saw the difficulty he was having with the handwriting she actually let him answer verbally and I thought that was pretty nice of her. The main things I was looking for was an answer about his social development because of the concerns our ped. was raising and she quickly shot all of that down saying that yes, he has some trouble reading cues but that we simply need to remember to teach him some good social rules to follow and remind him along the way as he forgets. The other concern I personally had was about his schooling and the pace he seems to want to keep because he had said he wanted to complete 4th and 5th grade this year and she said LET HIM! Her testing shows that he's on a 5th and 6th grade level for everything already anyway so she said it's just fine if he wants to do that. The only thing he scored as a 7 year old on was the handwriting and she said he should learn keyboarding for his compositions yet not to stop writing completely as he'd still need the skill in life. She also said it's great that he wants to learn so much because a lot of kids with ADHD do not have ANY desire for schoolwork at all and hate learning so just go ahehad and give it to him if hee wants it. The actual tests she gave I'll list off for you although it doesn't mean a whole lot to me because I don't seem to get the difference in tests or what they all mean. I understand what most of the scores mean and that's the important part I guess...or maybe not.

She gave him
Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children fourth edition (WISC-IV)
Wechsler Individual Achievement Test Second Edition (WIAT-II)
Developmental Test of Visual-Motor Integration-4 (VMI)
Gordon DIagnostic System (GDS)
Pediatric Behavioral Scale
Children's Self Concept Scale

As far as IQ he basically tested in the same range as when the school tested him but she did use different tests. I don't have that paperwork in front of me and I don't recall what they used at the moment.

Sorry Willa, I didn't mean to hijack your thread! frown

M.

"Learning can only happen when a child is interested. If he's not
interested it's like throwing marshmallows at his head and calling it
eating." -Anonymous