My kids are using k12 through CAVA here in CA. My son was able to start his 1st grade year doing their 3rd grade math - it is very easy to assess out of any lesson you feel they already know. We decided to keep him in 1st grade subjects everywhere else and he actually completed all 1st grade material by January for Language Arts, Science, and History. He's now working on the 2nd grade material and enjoying it a lot.

My daughter loved what he was doing and begged to come home from K at the local school. She is really enjoying it as well and has a few 1st grade subjects at this stage.

We aren't pushing faster through some things as I don't want to get to too hard of work for them but we do meet objectives of the assignments and then read other books or do other projects.

We now have a Community Day program near us and the kids enjoyed going there once a week to participate - unsure if this is something only offered by CAVA or whether other virtual charters also offer it.

We've been happy and will continue next year. I am unsure if we will stay with it long term or will move to homeschooling on our own at some point. We'll see how that goes in the next year or two.

eta: the history is fairly similar to Story of the World -actually much of the stories they use are almost exactly the same as some of SOTW (I checked the book out of the library to compare last week).

Last edited by CourtneyB; 05/05/11 09:25 PM.